Wednesday 24 August 2011

Counting down the days & the time has come!!

25th August 2011- GCSE results day. The feelings I am experiencing at this moment are hard to understand. I feel nervous but I also fell excited. I have been waiting for this day for so long and all my years of school have been preparing me for this. I've always valued my education and tried my hardest to achieve the best possible. My parents have always told me that if I want something, I need to try my hardest to get it and I want to be successful so I will always try my hardest to be successful.

Now, many people are probably feeling SO nervous about results day but just remember one thing- if you know you've done you're best, there is nothing more you can do. At the end of the day, if you revised and turned up for the exam, there is nothing more you could have done. Whatever results you get, you need to remember that you will ALWAYS be amazing, no matter what. These results won't change the rest of your life forever, if you do well then congratulations but if you don't do as well as you hoped you would, don't be disheartened because, there will be an opportunity for you one day, you just need to wait. College or sixth form isn't always the right thing for everyone so choose wisely. Avoid quick snap decisions because it could lead to regrets. But whatever you do, work hard and always keep calm. Especially just before you open your envelope of results!!

Take a friend or family member which you for support. There's nothing better than someone stand next to you for you to scream, cry or jump with ;) Forget about people's expectations of you, you're doing this for you, not them, and go into your school hall with an open mind. Think about the life that lies ahead of you because you're just about to step into it. When you take your envelope, smile and say thank you. Don't let your nerves make you rush to open it. Console yourself, do some deep breathing if you really need to, open it slowly (just to build up the tension ;) ) look at it carefully... read every subject line.. take it all in... now here's your chance... SCREAM SHOUT CRY JUMP!! Do whatever you want to do to express your feelings. Be aware that there may be press from local newspapers hanging about so if you don't want to be in a shot then I suggest you hide ;) But honestly, share your success because everyone deserves to be happy. If your pleased with your results, go shout it from the rooftops!! Indulge yourself in happiness, this was achieved by YOU, no one else, just your amazing self!!

Celebrate your triumphs because, this may sounds a bit clichéd but, you are worth it!! If you have tried your hardest possible then I'm sure you will shine, you'll sparkle with delight, happiness will fill your heart. You deserve it, GCSEs are not easy!!

Good luck to every single one of us getting our results!! I will post mine up tomorrow, let me know what you all get :D

Hugs and kisses... just to calm your nerves a little :D mwaaahhh < That is a big one for the AMAZING Abi & Shifa who I know will just do great! Don't worry my little wiggle bottoms!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment